Proposed Route Stratford-upon-Avon South Western Relief Road
Share this route on Twitter
Approximate route of the South West relief road for Stratford-upon-Avon with new bridge over the river Avon and 5m above the railway lines.
Share this route on Twitter
A possible alternative route taking the traffic further out from Stratford, away from housing on Luddington Road and other side sewage works.
What Should CALA Provide
As CALA only really need to provide relief for the Long Marston village should they only really be obliged to provide the yellow line on the alternative route with the Council having to provide the connecting routes to Alcester Road and Shipston Road?
Here are just 10 reasons why the Alternative SWRR may be seen as a better route.
10 Reasons Why The Alternative SWRR Could be a Better Option
1. A better link to the new Long Marston New Town.
2. Moved away from racecourse.
3. Moved away from flood plains.
4. Moved away from majority of housing in Luddington road.
5. A smaller elevated section crossing river and rail track.
6. Joining on to Evesham Road well out of town.
7. A better route to eventually link through to Alcester Road.
8. Is an actual bypass rather than a so called relief road which provides a way of bypassing Stratford completely.
9. Provides 3 spur routes in to Stratford (via Evesham road, Alcester road and Birmingham road)
10. Far more suitable for larger vehicles.
Agree or Disagree? – Have your Say Below
Zoom in on the possible alternative map
Is that not the obvious place for the South Western Relief Road?
It looks so obvious that it should go there that I am astounded it hasn’t been suggested
The possible alternative route could eventually link from Banbury Road to Alcester road, be well outside Stratford with an elevated section resembling an old viaduct over rail lines and river.
Have Your Say on The Stratford-upon-Avon South Western Relief Road
What do you think – Is where the proposal is the right place, If they are building a new bridge over the River Avon should the whole relief road go a further out and the other side of Bordon Hill Nurseries, does Stratford need a new Western Bypass at all?
This road and new bridge is a pre requisite of any further development/phases at LongMarston. Failure to build would be a disaster for those living in the Long Marston and Meon View areas and the Cotswolds beyond. Of equal concern is the failure to build a SW relief road will completely snare up Stratford Town Centre and all the residential rat runs which will cripple the road system in Shottery and beyond. as I’m sure your aware with virtually no houses occupied at Long Marston Air field there are queues from Compton Bridge back to the Waitrose island and beyond.