How to change the website link in Google Maps
If after creating a new Google My Business Website you have noticed that the website link on your Google Maps listing has changed these instructions show you how to point it back to your proper website.
Following on from this post Warning – Setting up a Google My Business Website Removes The Link to You Website From Google Maps more and more people are reporting that the website link on their Google Maps listing has changed.
This happens if you don’t uncheck the final box in the process of setting up a Google My Business Website by default, often with people not realising.
If you wondering How do I Change My Website Link in Google Maps? or how to change your website link in your Google Maps Listing – Follow these instructions.
- Log in to your Google My Business account – https://www.google.com/business/
- Go to the main dashboard for your listing
- Click the top right Edit Button
- Scroll down and click on the pencil symbol next to the website address
- Enter the website address you want displayed on your Google Maps listing
- Click on Apply (note: you may have to do this twice)
- Scroll back up to top of the page, click the Google Maps symbol, check that it is now using the correct address
Were you caught out by the change in website address on Google Maps when creating a Google My Business Website?
Let me know in the comments below and if these instructions helped you set the website link back up how you wanted it.